15U Junior (14/15/16)
***GAMES IN INVERMERE ARE ON WEDNESDAYS***(MAY 22 & MAY 29)
No Mid Season Tournament
FOR PLAYERS 14 to 16 YEARS OF AGE, BORN IN: 2003,2004,2005 (Note: 16 years are permitted to participate in 15U Junior Division)
NIGHTS OF PLAY: Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00pm to 8:30pm at Kinsmen Quad #4- Cranbrook / Kimberley / Invermere / Creston
2019 SEASON BEGINS: Week of April 29th, 2019
LEAGUE PLAYOFFS: Last 2 weeks of June
15U Junior Division Baseball
- The 15U Junior Division is open to players age 14 to 16 years old.
- The 15U Junior Division field dimensions are 54/80 (54' distance from pitching mound to home plate and 80' base paths)
- Players are evaluated and then placed on teams with every effort made possible to have all teams within the division at equal skill level. Cranbrook Minor Ball Association will attempt to accommodate as many team mate and coach requests as possible, but they are not guaranteed.
- Players will receive a team shirt and hat as their uniform. CMBA will provide equipment to each team including balls, catchers gear, and bats. Players must bring their own glove, and batting helmet. Players must wear a protective cup, gray baseball pants (no jeans or shorts are allowed) Players may wear rubber cleats or running shoes.
- Nights of play will be Tuesday & Thursday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Teams will have 2 practices per week for the first 2 weeks of the season, and 2 games per week throughout the duration of the season. Players are encouraged to arrive 15 to 30 minutes prior for a proper warm up. All home practices and games will be played at Kinsmen Quad #4 Field, away games in Kimberley, Creston and Invermere will also be scheduled.
The goal of 15U Junior Baseball is to expand on the already acquired skills from Major Division and to increase each player's ability to hit, throw, catch, and build a solid understanding of game play. Our goal is to provide a safe, fun, and instructional environment for kids to learn the FUNdamentals and enjoy the game of baseball.