CMBA PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT 2017
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
3. I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
4. I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
5. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
6. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes.
8. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
9. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
10. I will teach my child that doing one's best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
11. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
12. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
13. I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning. I will also de-emphasize games and competition in the lower age groups.
14. I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
15. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
16. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
17. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
18. I will abide by the Social Media Policy
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
· Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or head of league organization
· Written warning
· Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by organizations involved.
· Parental season suspension
RELEASE OF CLAIM AND AGREEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
Please read any waiver carefully. It includes a release of liability and waiver of legal rights and deprives you of the ability to sue certain parties. Do not agree to this document unless you have read and understood it in its entirety. By agreeing electronically, you acknowledge that you have both read and understood the text presented to you as part of the registration process. You also understand and agree that events carry certain inherent dangers and risks which may or may not be readily foreseeable, including without limitation personal injury, property damage or death. Your ability to participate in the event(s) is/are subject to your agreement to the waiver and by agreeing herein, you accept and agree to the terms of the waiver and release agreement.
1. I, hereby register my child as a member and competitor in the Cranbrook Minor Ball Association. My child has agreed to adhere to and abide by all of the rules, regulations and by-laws of the Cranbrook Minor Ball Association.
2. I request that my child named above be allowed to participate in the events, activities and games sponsored by the Cranbrook Minor Ball Association and hereby grant my permission to play ball under the jurisdiction of the Cranbrook Minor Ball Association.
3. In consideration of my child named above being registered in the Cranbrook Minor Ball Association and allowed to participate, I, and my heirs and assigns, hereby forever release, discharge and hold harmless the Cranbrook Minor Ball Association, its directors, officers, employees, representatives, coaches and agents from any liability for any injury, loss or damages sustained by the child named above, howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the said child’s participation in the said events, activities and games notwithstanding that the aforementioned injury, loss or damage may have been contributed to or occasional by the negligence of the Cranbrook Minor Ball Association, its directors, officers, employees, representatives, coaches or agents.
4. I hereby accept responsibility for any Cranbrook Minor Ball Associations equipment or uniforms issued to me or to the player registered above. I agree that any such supplies will be returned by me to the player’s manager or coach as soon as possible following the completion of the player’s participation with that team for this season. In the event that the uniform is not returned in good condition (reasonable wear excepted) by Sept. 1 of the year of this registration I agree to pay to Cranbrook Minor Ball the sum of one hundred-dollars.
5. Cranbrook Minor Ball Association (CMBA) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of CMBA Members. Information collected, including members registrations, photos, and/or correspondence will only be used for the purpose of conducting CMBA business. Photos may be used for promotion of CMBA (Baseball / Softball).
6. I agree that it is my responsibility to ensure that my child has an approved helmet as part of his/her personal equipment, to be brought to all games and practices.
7. I hereby acknowledge and agree that: Cranbrook Minor Ball Association is an incorporated society and, I have read, and understand the foregoing; I agree to be bound by the foregoing.